POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rayleigh Scattering in Pov Ray : Re: Rayleigh Scattering in Pov Ray Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:31:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rayleigh Scattering in Pov Ray
From: Peter Popov
Date: 28 Apr 2000 02:56:34
Message: <7m8igs024ej0nm5t62hpv4r1ob538qv9bt@4ax.com>
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 01:15:06 -0400, "Mark Wagner"
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

>Current progress is that it is almost complete.  However, I'm running into
>the problem of oversaturation of colors near the horizon.  Consequently, the
>image looks just fine -- until you get to the horizon.  At that point, the
>sky turns white.

Well, maybe you could fake it by decreasing brightness by an
exponential factor. Not quite realistic, I guess, but it will look as
expected and that what usually counts.

>I'm waiting for the "film effect" post-processing to be implemented to see
>if this will fix the problem.  If people want me to, by next Thursday I
>could release a version that doesn't have this problem fixed.

This would basically take the same approach, right? I mean, applying a
nonlinear curve to input/output brightness to desaturate the upper
levels.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] usanet